Monday 1 February 2010

Beading The Leaf Thingy.



Here is my second attempt at bead embroidery. I am calling this one The Leaf Thingy. I have put the Paisley Thingy aside, I have decided I am not ready for freeform just yet. However I will try it again at a later date.

Now what will I do now?.I remembered I was given a little book called The Anchor Book of Crewelwork Embroidery Stitches it is one of a series all related to hand stitching. Looking through this wee book I found copies in black and white of the coloured embroidered pictures. These copies you could trace if you wanted.. great idea I thought but how do I get the tracing on to the material?. After much deliberation I wondered if I could use carbon paper. Yes good idea, then I set about transfering the picture from the tracing paper to my fabric.

I started by stitching round the picture with the colours I would eventually embelish with beads. This part was fun for I could see the picture forming before my eyes.

To be continued..

No comments: